Water-Based vs Plant-oil Based Lubricants
Which lubricant should I choose?
When selecting a lubricant, it's important to consider what qualities you personally desire in a lubricant. To assist you in making a decision, we've compiled a list of the top characteristics of each of our lubricants. This will help you determine which one is best suited to your specific requirements.
YES WB water-based lubricant
- Hydrating formula – This exquisite water-based gel is enriched with organic aloe vera, providing a hydrating formula that rapidly soothes dryness and discomfort during intimate moments. It is ideal for individuals who want to experience relief from these symptoms quickly and efficiently.
- Natural-feeling lubrication – Designed for discretion, YES WB is odour-fee, taste-free and non-sticky. This makes it feel just like natural lubrication!
- Matched to vaginal pH – YES WB is matched to vaginal pH. Matching vaginal pH may help to protect against bacterial and yeast infections as it does not disrupt your natural vaginal environment. (Only water-based lubricants can have a pH, which is why YES OB plant-oil based lubricant does not have one).
- Can be used with all types of toys – YES WB can also be used with all toys: including metal, wooden, plastic, glass and even silicone, because our water-based products do not contain silicone or mineral oils. This makes it a great choice for those who wish to use our lubricants for solo pleasure, or for couples who enjoy using toys together.
- Condom compatible – Another great quality of YES WB is that it is compatible with natural rubber latex and polyisoprene condoms!
YES OB plant-oil based lubricant
- Soothing formula –YES OB contains two rich organic butters - cocoa butter and shea butter, which impart smoothness and body; plus two fine emollient oils - sweet almond oil and sunflower oil, which confer a silky texture and skin moisturising benefits. YES OB enjoys all the advantages of a silicone lubricant - longevity and silky texture - while being free of any of its unwanted disadvantages. Ideal if you are looking for a lube to nourish your delicate intimate tissues.
- Longer-lasting lubrication – Due to the high content of natural plant oils, YES OB is longer-lasting in comparison to YES WB, meaning it is perfect for prolonged lovemaking!
- Doubles as a massage oil – It can also be used for massages! The natural oils in YES OB make it a wonderful skin conditioner, and its velvety texture feels amazing when smoothed onto the body. (An ideal addition to foreplay…)
- Great for water play – Yes OB is waterproof, so it won’t wash off instantly in contact with water. This makes it perfect if you want to take things out of the bedroom and into a shower, bath or even a hot tub!
- Cannot be used with latex rubber - YES OB is NOT condom compatible as plant-oils can erode the material (especially latex) which can compromise the material integrity of the condom. We suggest using YES WB instead if you wish to use one of our lubricants with a condom.
Our YES OB and YES WB lubricants are crafted from certified organic and natural ingredients, meaning you won't find any unwanted chemicals like glycerin or silicone in them. This makes them an excellent choice for individuals with sensitive skin. Additionally, both of our lubricants are guaranteed to be pure and natural due to their certified organic status, and their plant-based ingredients are sustainably sourced.